Linda L. Mills, M.S., M.L.S.
- Associate Faculty, Library and Information Science
limillsiupui [dot] edu
- M.L.S., Indiana University, 1977
- B.S. Ball State University, 1973
Linda started teaching at Indiana University at Bloomington in 1996 and then was moved to IUPUI in 1998 where she taught the School Library Media Specialist class before moving onto online classes. She has been a school library media specialist for 44 years and retired June, 2017. During that time Linda has presented at numerous conferences including AASL, ALA, ISTE, ICE, and AIME/ILF. She served in many capacities of AIME (vice president of membership, chair of YHBA) culminating as President of the state association. Linda received the Peggy L. Pfieffer Award from AIME/ILF for outstanding service to the organization. One of her main focuses over the years has been strengthening the importance of library media specialists in schools and the integration of technology in teaching. Promoting the love of reading to children and young adults has also been a focus of hers throughout the years.
- Harvey, Carl II and Mills, Linda L. Leading the Common Core Initiative: A guide for K-5 School Librarians. Libraries Unlimited, 2015.
- LIS S603 – Workshop in Library and Information Science
- LIS S671 – School Media
- Leading the Common Core Initiative, AASL, November, 2015, Columbus, Ohio
- Using Primary Sources with Students, ISTE, June, 2014, Atlanta, Georgia