John D. Martin, M.A.
- Adjunct Lecturer, Library and Information Science
Contactjdm17iu [dot] edu
John’s work focuses on trust and credibility in interfaces, systems, and other intermediaries that facilitate information exchange and transfer between people. In short, two questions motivate his work:
- What makes us trust the information we are presented with?
- What motivates us to offer up our information to impersonal, machine-based interfaces?
Through this work, John explores the underlying epistemologies and worldviews embedded in the technologies and information systems that surround us, and are sometimes completely transparent to us.
John teaches in several different areas:
- human information behavior theory
- information tools
- user experience (UX) design
- research methods/epistemology