University College Students
Pre-School of Informatics and Computing (SOIC) majors should receive an invitation to join our SOIC Undergraduate Canvas page. This page provides information on important dates, upcoming events, and academic resources.
If you have not received this invitation, please contact your SOIC academic advisor.
Certify into the School of Informatics and Computing from University College
To certify into the School of Informatics and Computing from University College, you will need to have achieved the following:
- 2.5 GPA
- 12 credits of completed coursework
- A grade of C or higher in:
Make sure your major is listed as pre-Applied Data and Information Science, pre-Biomedical Informatics, pre-Health Information Management, pre-Informatics, or pre-Media Arts and Sciences with your University College advisor.
You will automatically be reviewed each semester after final grades post.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, your academic advisor in the School of Informatics and Computing will be email you regarding your acceptance into the school.
Contact your School of Informatics and Computing academic advisor with issues or questions you may have.
You may need to meet with your University College advisor for advising holds on your account.
To schedule an advising appointment:
- Click “Get Assistance”
- Choose Advising
- Choose SOIC Advising for Pre-Major Students
- Choose “Meet with an SOIC Advisor” and “School of Informatics & Computing” for location
- Browse available appointments by advisor
- Include what you’d like to discuss in the comments and provide your phone number
Plans of Study
- Applied Data and Information Science B.S.
- Biomedical Informatics B.S. (Bioinformatics specialization)
- Biomedical Informatics B.S. (Health Informatics specialization)
- Biomedical Informatics B.S. (Premedical Bioinformatics specialization)
- Health Information Management B.S.
- Informatics B.S.
- Media Arts and Science B.S.
- Human-Computer Interaction Certificate
- Legal Informatics Certificate
- Medical Coding Certificate
- Incompletes Block Registration Policy
- Minimum Grade Requirement, Academic Warning/Probation/Dismissal and Grade Change Policies
- Credit by Prior Learning Assessment