Student Ambassador Program
Student Ambassadors are School of Informatics and Computing undergraduate students. We look for students from a variety of different backgrounds. As an ambassador, you’re willing to support students who would like to learn more about our school and programs. In addition, you are outgoing, responsible, and a role model to others.
The application deadline is September 15.
Benefits of being an Ambassador
- Share your passion for the School of Informatics and Computing.
- Build communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Gain experience for your resume.
- Connect and network with other students, staff, and faculty.
- Be part of the team with your own personalized name tag, ambassador shirt, and listing on our website.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Dedicated to helping prospective students find their fit within the School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI.
- Meet with visiting families and prospective students to educate them about the opportunities offered through Informatics and Computing.
- Lead tours and host student panels for those who come to visit us at IUPUI.
- Work recruitment events hosted by the Undergraduate Recruiters, and assist with IUPUI Admission events such as Jag Day, Decision Day, and Destination IUPUI.
- Have the opportunity to speak to students from the high school you graduated from, by visiting with an undergraduate recruiter.
- Be a full-time undergraduate student in the School of Informatics and Computing.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Must be able to commit time to working events, monthly training, and ambassador socials.
- Must be flexible, passionate, and outgoing.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude when working with families and prospective students.
- Required to work at least two events to maintain active status as an ambassador.