Learning Outcomes for the B.S. in Media Arts and Science
Graduates of the Media Arts and Science undergraduate program will demonstrate expertise in the following core competencies essential to success as an informatics, computing and information technology professional specializing in new and interactive media:
- Understand digital media and its effective use as a form of communication.
- Communicate ideas effectively in written, oral, and visual form to a range of audiences.
- Work effectively as a member of a team to achieve a common goal.
- Analyze a problem, identify and evaluate alternatives and plan an appropriate solution.
- Evaluate media from multiple perspectives using the theories, concepts, and language of digital media with an appreciation for the history, theory, and traditions of digital media.
- Demonstrate mastery of the concepts, techniques and tools in one or more digital media specialties.
- Develop professional quality digital media productions by promptly applying knowledge and skills including best practices and standards.
- Explain the impact of digital media on individuals, organizations and society.
- Acknowledge diverse opinions regarding professional, ethical, legal and social issues with a global perspective.
- Appreciate the need for lifelong learning and have a plan for continuing professional development.