Media Arts and Sciences B.S. Program-level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the B.S. in MAS program, students will:
- Understand digital media and its effective use as a form of communication.
- Communicate ideas effectively in written, oral, and visual form to a range of audiences.
- Work effectively as a member of a team to achieve a common goal.
- Analyze a problem, identify and evaluate alternatives, and plan an appropriate solution.
- Evaluate media from multiple perspectives using the theories, concepts, and language of digital media with an appreciation for the history, theory, and traditions of digital media.
- Demonstrate mastery of the concepts, techniques, and tools in one or more digital media specialties.
- Develop professional quality digital media productions by promptly applying knowledge and skills including best practices and standards.
- Explain the impact of digital media on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Acknowledge diverse opinions regarding professional, ethical, legal, and social issues with a global perspective.
- Plan for continuing professional development with an appreciation of the need for lifelong learning.