Are you considering transferring to IUPUI and the School of Informatics and Computing? We’re here to make the process a bit less intimidating! Follow the steps below and contact an advisor if you have any questions during the process.
As an urban research institution, IUPUI is deeply committed to the educational success of all students. As part of this commitment, students who transfer to IUPUI will experience coordinated, holistic, and developmentally appropriate support as they transition into and through the university.
As they pursue their degrees, they will be intentionally connected to high-quality curricular and co-curricular learning experiences and provided continuous access to support services. Their student experiences will be based on a theoretical framework that supports the unique needs of transfer students. These experiences will enhance their academic and social integration and commitment to attaining academic and career goals.
1. Research our Degrees
Investigate our programs to see if we’re a good academic fit for each other. If you would like more information, we strongly encourage prospective transfer students from any undergraduate program or school (including students already at IUPUI) to schedule an appointment to speak with one of our advisors who can help evaluate your situation and guide you through the process.
2. Course Transfers
You can learn more about IUPUI’s transfer process through the Transfer Central website, which includes information on admissions, orientation, transfer credit, academics, finances, and student life and support.
Ivy Tech Students
The School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI has course articulation agreements with the following programs at Ivy Tech:
- Cybersecurity (to Informatics)
- Health Information Technology (to Health Information Management)
- Informatics (to Informatics)
- Software Development (to Informatics)
- Visual Communications (to Media Arts and Science)
- Biology (to Biomedical Informatics-Premed specialization)
- Liberal Arts (to Biomedical Informatics-Bioinfomatics specialization)
- STGEC (to Biomedical Informatics-Health Informatics specialization)
The Passport Office is an invaluable resource for students transferring from Ivy Tech to IUPUI. They maintain a list of all Ivy Tech courses that can be transferred into IUPUI, including general education courses. Please be sure to contact them if you have any questions about the application process, financial aid, or specific Ivy Tech to IUPUI scholarships.
- If you are transferring from another campus of Indiana University, please review the intercampus transfer process.
- If you are transferring from a college or university other than Indiana University, follow these important instructions.
4. After Acceptance
After you are officially accepted to IUPUI, you will receive instructions on registering for Transfer Tuesday, an online webinar, and orientation. During orientation, you will meet with an academic advisor for an advising appointment where you will discuss your transfer courses, academic goals, and remaining courses needed for graduation.
If you are accepted into a fully online program, you will not be required to attend an on-campus orientation program.