Welcome SoIC Admitted Students
Welcome to the School of Informatics and Computing!
At SoIC, together we bring innovative ideas to life, we solve problems creatively, and we use technology to strengthen human connectivity. Every industry needs informatics skills. Employers seek out our graduates because they are prepared to make a difference immediately using the skills that can only be learned in the SoIC community.
Being an SoIC student is about being part of a culture—curiously following your passion while enriching your technology expertise to make the world a better place to live and work. Online and on campus, the connections you make with classmates, instructors and advisors will build the foundation of a future-proof set of skills that are in high demand. Together, we are SoIC.
We’re available to answer your questions, and to help you explore our many offerings in the constantly evolving realm of emerging technology. We look forward to you joining us for classes in Fall 2020.
To help you feel at home here at SoIC, we’re presenting a series of webinars from May through July to get you up to speed on all we have to offer. All webinars are 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. EST on Zoom. Upcoming topics include:
Student Ambassador open chat and Q&A.
FutureProof: 3D trends in film, games, and mixed realities with Zeb Wood.
Applied Data and Information Science program information session with Angela Murrillo.
Unreal Gaming with Mathew Powers.
Experience SOIC at IUPUI virtually
Learn about jobs and career paths in LA
Media Arts and Science alumna, Kylee Pena, who works at Netflix, organized a series of free webinars “Ask a Hollywood Expert” for newcomers to the industry. Starts May 28! Register here.
Play and win swag
Learn more about the School of Informatics and Computing, and maybe score some SoIC swag – it’s a win-win!
Check out these SoIC games and test your knowledge:
- Complete the SoIC Puzzle, and share the result with us via email. Best time scores swag!
- Try for a B-I-N-G-O and deepen your knowledge of your school with SoIC Bingo (Coming soon)
Last updated March 27, 2020
- Enrollment deposit deadline extended from May 1 to June 1 for Fall 2020 class.
- Students impacted by COVID-19 can request a COVID-19 Hardship Deposit Waiver to waive the $100 enrollment deposit.
- Summer orientation will take place online. Details TBA. Visit the Orientation website for more information.
- IUPUI Admissions will extend the Admissions-based automatic scholarship deadline from February 15 until the start of the Fall 2020 semester. Qualified applicants will be retroactively awarded and notified of this scholarship. SoIC applicants also will be considered for the SoIC Freshman Scholarship until the start of the Fall 2020 semester.
Join the SoIC Class of 2024 GroupMe
We’ve set-up a GroupMe where you can get to know your fellow admitted students and ask any questions that you have.
Meet an admitted student
Major: Media Arts and Science
Area of specialization: Game Design
Career goal: Write stories for video games and other forms of entertainment
Starting college: What are you excited about and what are you nervous about?
I am excited about learning the things I’m passionate about! I’m nervous about being at a new place and meeting new people, but I’m looking forward to it!
More about Maddie: A graduate of Zionsville Community High School, Maddie says she chose SoIC because it’s close to home, and has a good program for her field of study. “I went to Creature and Concept Design camp here last summer and really enjoyed it, as well as the instructor,” she says. “The campus is also really neat.”
Maddie is a Jaguar Excellence Award recipient. She was active in Zionsville’s Indoor Percussion team. “This season our team had the highest score in the nation in our class heading into regionals before the season was canceled,” she says. “Last year we were State Champions and Bronze Medalists at the World Championships.”