3D Printing Policies
SoIC 3D Print Facilities may only be used for lawful purposes, so it is not permitted to use SOIC 3D printers to create prints that are:
- prohibited by local, state or federal law;
- unsafe, harmful, dangerous or considered by SOIC staff to pose an immediate threat to the well-being of others;
- considered by SoIC staff to be obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the academic environment;
- in violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection;
- parts intended for reselling.
SoIC reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
3D prints must be picked up in IT 259 during open business hours.
Items printed in the SoIC 3D Print Lab that are not picked up within 14 days will become property of Indiana University. 3D Printed Items must be picked up by the requesting individual, with picture ID.
Only Authorized SoIC faculty, staff, and authorized individuals will have access to the 3D Print Lab.
Upon an unsuccessful print, users will be notified and must approve addition print trials and incur any additional cost.
Prices and policies may differ for users enrolled in 3D printing specific classes. 3D prints for class use may take priority over non-essential prints.