Associate Faculty in Informatics, Data Mining and Data Analytics
The Department of Human-Centered Computing, School of Informatics and Computing, seeks one Associate Faculty to teach one or more sections of the INFO-I421 Applications of Data Mining course. This undergraduate course is offered in the fall and spring semesters. Depending on the enrollment, we also may offer the course during summer sessions.
The course explores the use of data mining techniques in different settings, including business and scientific domains. The course covers several basic learning algorithms, such as regression and decision trees, along with popular data types, implementation and execution, and analysis of results. The emphasis will be on using techniques instead of developing new techniques or algorithms. Students will select, prepare, visualize, analyze, and present data that leads to the discovery of novel and actionable information.
- Prepare and deliver classroom lectures, assignments and projects over a 15-week semester
- Provide students with practical experience through hands-on practices
- Administer assessments of course learning outcomes, e.g. grading assignments, quizzes and exams
- Provide after-class support for students, e.g. holding office hours and responding to student inquires via voice calls or emails
- Encourage student progress and retention
- Deep commitment to student learning and success
- Master’s degree in a closely related field
- Teaching experience in college or technical training institutes
- Ability to teach classes online effectively
- Significant industry experience and solid technical knowledge in data mining techniques, applications and tools and data analytics
- Excellent proficiency in R programming
- Strong organizational, motivational, and communication skills
Please forward resumes and questions to email@example.com.
The School of Informatics and Computing is eager to consider applications from women and minorities. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution M/F/D/V.