Associate Faculty in Cloud Computing and Service-oriented Web Applications
The Department of Human-Centered Computing, School of Informatics and Computing, seeks an Associate Faculty to teach the INFO I425 Web Services in Information Systems course. This undergraduate course is offered in the fall and spring semesters. Depending on the enrollment, we also may offer the course during summer sessions.
This course examines how cloud computing and service-oriented architecture contribute to solutions for Informatics problems in areas such as business, health care, and life sciences. Students will develop an understanding of why, when, and how organizations utilize Web services to manage data, as well as the skills to design, implement, and deploy Web services applications.
- Prepare and deliver classroom lectures, assignments and projects over a 15-week semester
- Provide students with practical experience through hands-on practices
- Administer assessments of course learning outcomes, e.g. grading assignments, quizzes and exams
- Provide after-class support for students, e.g. holding office hours and responding to student inquires via voice calls or emails
- Encourage student progress and retention
- Deep commitment to student learning and success
- Master’s degree in a closely related field
- Teaching experience in college or technical training institutes
- Ability to teach classes online effectively
- Significant industry experience and solid technical knowledge in cloud computing, service-oriented architectures, RESTful and SOAP web services
- Excellent proficiency in in one or more programming languages: Java, Python, PHP
Please forward resumes and questions to email@example.com.
The School of Informatics and Computing is eager to consider applications from women and minorities. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution M/F/D/V.