The School of Informatics and Computing Colloquia Series brings national leaders in informatics research and practice to the IUPUI campus. IUPUI students, faculty, and staff, as well as university partners and members of the Indianapolis community, are welcome to attend. All events are free of charge and no reservations are necessary.
Have questions or require more information? Call (317) 278-4636 or E-mail email@example.com.
There are no events scheduled at this time. Please check back.
- BHI Colloquium: Zenglin Xu, Ph.D.
- BHI Colloquium: Josie Fasoldt
- BHI Colloquium: Timothy D. Imler, M.D.
- HCC Colloquium: Christina Harrington, Ph.D.
- BHI Colloquium: Derrick C. Scott, Ph.D.
- BHI Colloquium: Tonglin Zhang, Ph.D. & Baijian “Justin” Yang, Ph.D.
- BHI Colloquium: Srinivas Sridharan, Ph.D., Corteva Agrisciences
- LIS Colloquium: Paul Mullins, Ph.D.
- LIS Colloquium: Data and Community
- BHI Colloquium: Jennifer Weller, Ph.D., National Science Foundation
- Gary Schwebach, JD: The “Business” of Healthcare: Making Health Information Technology Relevant to Real World Needs
- Renran Tian, Ph.D.: Improve Safety, Mobility, and Efficiency of Automated Driving Systems (ADS) through Computational Behavioral Analysis
- Saurabh Rahurkar, BDS, DrPH: The Relationship Between Health Information Exchange and Patient Centered Outcomes
- Shaun Grannis, M.D.: Living in the Era of Big Data, Algorithms, and Inefficient Health Care: Stories from the Frontlines of Health Data Science
- Yan Zang, Ph.D.: Retroduplications and fusion genes in the disease context
- Gillian Smith, Ph.D.: Computational Craft: Building Feminist Bridges between HCI, Textiles, and Games
- Designing Hybrid Information Systems for Wellbeing
- Deep learning in radiology – hype, reality or the future? Lessons from a collaborative journal club intersecting radiologists and scientists
- One Health in the Digital World: Imagine the Possibilities
- Tangible Interaction and Cultural Forms: Supporting Learning in Informal Environments
- Levering Information for Health Workforce Research and Policy
- Mining the Biomedical Literature, Guidelines and Healthcare Data
- In touch with pictures: Accessing Tactile Graphics
- SIA Colloquium: Fostering Archival Connections
- Computational methods for mining microbiome data
- Machine Learning Advances for 3D Image Processing and Visualization
- Integrative Genomics Approach for Precision Medicine in Cancer
- Informatics and Data Sciences at Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane
- Lauren Wu, MHS: The ONC Health IT Certification Program – supporting widespread health information exchange and interoperability
- Seyedsasan Hashemikhabir, PhD candidate: Uncovering the RNA editing landscape in Glioblastoma to identify a compendium of prognostic editing alterations to classify cancer subtypes
- Bin Zhang, Ph.D.: Multiscale Network Biology Approaches to Integrate Large-scale Omics Data in Complex Human Diseases
- Jeffrey Sutherland, Ph.D.: A network based approach to understanding drug toxicity and its application to human liver disease
- Angela Boyer, M.H.A.: Using Health Information Technology to Improve Healthcare Quality to the Nation’s Most Vulnerable
- Participatory Heritage in an Age of 3D Virtualization
- Robb Lindgren, Ph.D.: Embodied Interactions and Learning Technologies
- Daniel Robertson, Ph.D.: Discovery with Purpose: Understanding Disease (Health) through Information Capture, Integration, and Analytics
- Jun Wan, Ph.D.: A reinterpretation of role of DNA methylation in gene regulation
- Jessica Pater: Digital Self Harm
- Qiang Kou: Mass graph-based proteoform identification by top-down mass spectrometry
- Norman Makoto Su, PhD: Discordant Technologies: Understanding and Designing for the Heterogeneity of Values
- Saravanan Kanakasabai MD, PhD: Modern Clinical Research: Extracting Insights from Patient Data
- Edward Finkler: Stronger Than Fear: Mental Health in the Developer Community
- Richard J. Holden, Ph.D.: Patient-Centered Technology for Senior Health
- Yong Zang, Ph.D.: Optimal Biomarker-Guided Designs Correcting for Marker Measurement Error
- Chi Zhang, Ph.D.
- Binhai Zhu, PhD: On the Chain Pair Simplification Problem
- Selma Sabanovic, PhD: Socializing Robots – Collaborative approaches to robot design
- Katie Siek, Ph.D.: If You Build It
- Jodi Forlizzi, Ph.D.
- Barrett Caldwell, PhD: Communication and Information Alignment for Coordinated Mission Management: From Rocket Surgery to Brain Science
- Munmun DeChoudhury, Ph.D.: Communities in Distress: Opportunities and Challenges of Social Media in Mental Well-being
- Ramana Dauuluri, Ph.D.: Mammalian genomes are too complex – It is time to move away from simple gene-centric approaches
- Rosa Arriaga, PhD
- Jian Ma, PhD: Evolutionary Annotation of Non-coding Regions of the Human Genome
- Jennifer Guiliano, Ph.D.: Digital What?: Information, Context and Analysis in the Humanities
- Dr. Randall Jimerson: The Myth of Information Neutrality: Archivists and Social Justice
- Werner Ceusters, M.D.: Diagnoses in Electronic Healthcare Records: What do they mean?
- Simon Lin, M.D.: Capitalizing on the Promise of Big Data: Toward a Learning Healthcare System
- Gary Marchionini, Ph.D.: Human-Computer Information Retrieval: Gaps, Overloads, and Sensemaking
- Anne Balsamo, Ph.D.: Designing Culture: Innovation, Imagination, and Futuremaking
- Robert Greenes, M.D, Ph.D.: Health Care Transformation: 11 Disruptive Changes and their Health IT Implications
- John Bertot, Ph.D.: The Role of Public Libraries in Building Digitally Inclusive Communities: Technologies, Policy, and Issues
- Juan Wachs, Ph.D., M.Sc.: Hand Gesture Interaction for Healthcare – A New Challenge
- Regina Holiday: Does it Blend?
- Saul Greenberg, Ph.D.: Proxemic Interactions: Displays and Devices that Respond to Social Distance
- Edward Castronova, PhD: Gamification: A Critical Review
- Titus Schleyer, DMD, PhD: Clinical Informatics Research at the Regenstrief Institute and Beyond
- Daniel Robertson, PhD: The Lilly Open Innovation Drug Discovery Program (OIDD)
- Prudence Dalrymple, Ph.D.: What Will We Do about the P Word?: Research Directions in Informatics and Computing
- Charles P. Friedman, Ph.D.: The ‘Learning Health System’ as the Consummate Informatics Challenge
- Jill L. Drury, Sc.D.: New Technology Applications for Emergency Management
- Christopher U. Lehmann, M.D.
- Gian-Luca Mariottini, Ph.D.: Surgical Vision at the ASTRA Robotics Lab: Toward Long-term and Accurate Augmented-Reality Display for Minimally-Invasive Robotic Surgery
- David W. Bates, M.D., M.Sc.: The Role of HIT in the Medical Home
- Kevin Fickenscher, MD: From Gutenberg to Zuckerberg – Informatics, Technology and New Care Delivery Models
- Stefano Lonardi, Ph.D: Computational Genomics and Epigenetics
- Pankaj Agarwal, Ph.D.: Informatic Discovery of Disease Indications for Drugs
- Jeffrey Bardzell, Ph.D.: \What are We Talking About?\”: Some Problems in Aesthetic Interaction”
- Selma Šabanović, Ph.D.: Human-Centered Robotics: A Sociotechnical Approach to Robot Design & Evaluation
- William Hersh, M.D.: Meaningful Use of Health Information Technology Requires a Competent Workforce
- Chen Yu, Ph.D., Understanding Micro-Level Multimodal Behaviors in Child-Parent and Human-Robot Interactions
- Robert W. Proctor, Ph.D.: Stimulus-Response Compatibility and Its Implications for Human-Computer Interface Design
- Wendy Chapman, PhD: An NLP Ecosystem for Development and Use of Natural Language Processing in the Clinical Domain
- John Sherry, PhD: How to Make a Video Game that Teaches Complexity Science
- Yong-Yeol Ahn, PhD: Finding Hidden Structure in Complex Networks
- Sarita Yardi, PhD: Boundaries in Social Media Use
- Bimal Balakrishnan, PhD: Enhancing imagination, evaluating experience: Cognitive and affective aspects of 3-D visualization
- Paul Biondich, MD: Global Health Informatics for Underserved Populations: The Regenstrief Experience
- David Mendonca, PhD: Collaborative Information Foraging in Emergency Response Organizations: An Application Involving Discrete Event Simulation
- Bernard Munos, MS, MBA: How to Use Informatics to Activate Innovation Pathways in Pharmaceutical R&D
- Stuart William Ferguson, PhD: Why Games for Health: Research, Development, and Clinical Applications Now?
- Eliot Smith, PhD: Person Perception as Socially Distributed Cognition
- James Caverlee, PhD: Towards Web-Scale Semantic Crowd Discovery
- Nathan Price, PhD: Systems approaches to molecular diagnostics and perturbed network identification
- Robert Potter: Sound Research in Media Psychology: Using Psychophysiology to Investigate Cognitive Processing and Emotional Response to Audio
- Patricia Flatley Brennan, RN, PhD: PHRs, AWARE Homes & SMART Patients: Preserving Health One Bit At A Time
- Kay Connelly, PhD: A Mobile Health Application for a Chronically Ill, Low-literacy Population
- Nick Yee, PhD: Data Collection in Virtual Worlds: Methods, Findings, and Lessons Learned
- Annie Lang, PhD: Motivated Message Processing: Where Psychology and Psychophysiology Meet the Media
- Shaun Grannis, MD: The Emerging Field of Public Health Informatics
- James D. Ivory, PhD: Content Is Behavior: How Changes In Video Games And Virtual Environments Change The Way We Should Study Their Content, Users, And Effects
- Mona Singh, Ph.D.: Predicting and Analyzing Cellular Networks
- Haixu Tang, PhD: MGEScan: Identifying LTR and non-LTR Retroelements in Eukaryotic Genomes
- Sun Kim, PhD: Computational Methods for Making Genome Projects Affordable
- Ji Soo Yi, Ph.D.: Application of Information Visualization on Healthcare Decision Making
- Erik Stolterman, PhD: Designerly Tools
- Pramod P. Wangikar, Ph.D.: Operonic structure of key metabolic pathways in cyanobacteria
- Clay Marsh, M.D.: Using Systems Medicine Tools to Transform Health Care
- Dominik Aronsky, M.D., Ph.D.,: Computer-based Decision Support in the Emergency Department
- Asif Ghazanfar, Ph.D.: Primate Communication – Its Neurobiology, Evolution, and the Origins of the Uncanny Valley
- Juan Pablo Hourcade, PhD: PointAssist – Analyzing Sub-Movement Characteristics to Aid in Pointing Tasks
- Hiroki Yokota, Ph.D.: The Systems Biology of the Skeletal System
- Katy Börner, PhD: Mapping Science
- Steven Landry, PhD: Function Allocation for Next Generation Air Traffic Control
- Hsin-Liang Chen, PhD: Analyzing Users’ Retrieval Behaviors and Image Queries of a Photojournalism Image Database
- Micki McGee, Ph.D., MFA: Mapping a Creative Community: Notes from the Yaddo Archive Project
- Daniel R. Masys, MD: The Informatics of Biobanking and Genome-Phenome Correlation using Phenotypes Derived from Electronic Medical Records
- Suresh K. Bhavnani, Ph.D., Network Analysis of Toxic Chemicals and Symptoms: Implications for Designing Effective First-Responder Systems
- The High Throughput Data Problem: Hypothesis Generation and Phenotype Modeling in Translational Research by Philip R. O. Payne, Ph.D.