Soo Hyeon Kim, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Library and Information Science
skim541iu [dot] edu
- Ph.D. Learning, Design, and Technology, The Pennsylvania State University
- M.S. Strategic Product Design, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- B.S. Industrial Design, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Soo Hyeon Kim is an assistant professor of Library and Information Science at School of Informatics and Computing at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). Previously, she worked as a project manager to design and develop smartphones at LG Electronics. As an information and learning scientist, she thrives at the intersection of Library and Information Science, the Learning Sciences, and Engineering Design. Her scholarly goal is to research and design connected-learning communities by leveraging on constructionist learning environments and mobile technologies to trace, facilitate, and empower youths, families, and public librarians to engage in boundary-crossing STEM learning.
- Informal STEM learning
- Family learning
- Mobile learning
- Community engagement
- LIS S604 Makerspaces in Information Institutions