- HCI Ph.D. Candidate
- Graduate Ambassador
snikkhahiu [dot] edu
- Computer Engineering- Software Engineering at the University of Mazandaran, Mazandaran, Iran
I am a 4th year PhD candidate in HCI here at the Human-Centered Computing Department at SoIC. I am passionate about researching and designing pleasant experiences with long term impact. I translate research findings into insights, stories, and design technology.
Currently, I am working under an NSF Funded study with Dr. Andrew Miller on designing technology on supporting dyadic coping and cancer care. From next year, I will work under another NSF funded study designing family-centered technology to support family caregiver’s collaboration in cancer care.
My dissertation topic: Family Resilience Technologies: Designing Collaborative Technologies for Caregiving Coordination in the Children’s Hospital.
Hometown: Tehran, Iran
Advice for new students:
- Get involved in different projects and groups as soon as you can.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out for support and to join new projects and teams.
- Learn about different student opportunities such as Student Volunteering at conferences, peer reviewing (if graduate student), talks and brown bags at school, design challenges and be proactive in engaging in them.
- Stay up to date with the new trends in design and research. CHI and CSCW conference, Design talks, websites such as Medium and Dribble, daily UI design challenge, IDEO challenge
- Get connected with our successful school Alumni.
- Finally, be the change you want and initiate new group activities at school.
- Reach to us if you needed any support or resources.