Nancy Kirkpatrick, M.S., J.D.
kirkpatniupui [dot] edu
- Adjunct Lecturer, Library and Information Science
- M.S., University of Illinois, 2007
- J.D., University of Richmond, 1999
- B.A., Drake University, 1993
Nancy is the Associate Director of Midwest Collaborative for Library Services, a non-profit, member-driven organization whose mission is to facilitate resource sharing and collaboration to benefit Indiana and Michigan libraries. Prior to joining MCLS, she was the library director at Marian University in Indianapolis. Before librarianship, Nancy practiced law in Minnesota, working primarily for nonprofit organizations in the areas of advocacy and legislation. In addition to this course, she has also taught in the Children’s Defense Clinic Skills Program and COL 111 First Year Experience program.
- Marian University Archival Initiative (PI): Grant from The Indianapolis Foundation Library Fund of the Central Indiana Community Foundation to modernize, secure and preserve resources (2014)
- Plug In & Carry On: Technology Improvement Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine for charging stations (2014)
- 2013, IBLN Annual Meeting (Bloomington, IN) – Forging New Frontiers: Black Librarianship in the 21st Century
- 2011, ALA Annual Conference (New Orleans, LA) – The Job Hunt: What to Do While You Wait
LIS S552 – Academic Library Management