Associate Faculty in Informatics, Mathematical and Logical Foundations of Informatics
The Department of Human-Centered Computing, School of Informatics and Computing, seeks Associate (a.k.a., adjunct) Faculty to teach one or more sections of the INFO-H 611 Mathematical and Logical Foundations of Informatics course. This graduate course is usually offered in the fall semester. This course is only taught in-person on the campus of IUPUI. At this time, we seek applications from individuals who will be able to physically teach the courses here on the IUPUI campus in downtown Indianapolis.
Mathematical and Logical Foundations of Informatics Course Description
This course reviews mathematical methods for data modeling, analysis, and manipulation. Topics include differential calculus, partial derivatives, exponential, logarithmic, and inverse functions, solving systems of equations, matrices and matrix operations, vector spaces, linear transformations, determinants, inner product spaces, eigenvalues, probability, probability distributions, random variables, and their applications.
- Prepare and deliver classroom lectures, assignments, and midterms over a 15-week semester
- Provide students with practical experience through hands-on practices
- Administer assessments of course learning outcomes such as grading assignments and midterms
- Provide after-class support for students, such as holding office hours and responding to student inquires via Canvas, voice calls, or emails
- Encourage student progress and retention
- Deep commitment to student learning and success
- Master’s degree in a closely related field
- Teaching experience in college or technical training institutes
- Ability to teach classes online effectively
- Strong organizational, motivational, and communication skills
Please forward resumes and questions to email@example.com.
The School of Informatics and Computing is eager to consider applications from women and minorities. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution M/F/D/V.