Adjunct Faculty in Informatics, Human-Centered Research Methods
The Department of Human-Centered Computing, School of Informatics and Computing, seeks Adjunct Faculty with a background in inferential statistics in R to teach one or more sections of the INFO-H 502 Human-Centered Research Methods course. This graduate course is usually offered in the spring semester. This course is only taught in-person on the campus of IUPUI. At this time, we seek applications from individuals who will be able to physically teach the courses here on the IUPUI campus in downtown Indianapolis.
Human-Centered Research Methods Description
This course surveys a broad range of quantitative research methods employed in data science, exploring their metatheoretical underpinnings and exemplifying their application to specific research questions. This course covers computational data analysis used in statistics, including sampling, study design, descriptive statistics, probability, statistical distributions, estimation, hypothesis testing, chi-square tests, t-tests, analysis of variance, linear regression, and correlation. Problems in statistics are solved by means of programming.
- Prepare and deliver classroom lectures, assignments, and midterms over a 15-week semester
- Provide students with practical experience through hands-on practices
- Administer assessments of course learning outcomes such as grading assignments and midterms
- Provide after-class support for students, such as holding office hours and responding to student inquires via Canvas, voice calls, or emails
- Encourage student progress and retention
- Deep commitment to student learning and success
- Master’s degree in statistics or a related field
- Experience with the R statistical computing environment
- Teaching experience in college or technical training institutes
- Ability to teach classes online effectively
- Strong organizational, motivational, and communication skills
Please forward resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Informatics and Computing is eager to consider applications from women and minorities. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution M/F/D/V.