Adjunct Faculty in Bioinformatics
The Department of BioHealth Informatics, School of Informatics and Computing, seeks Adjunct Faculty with a background in Bioinformatics (BIO) to teach one or more sections of the courses in the BIO Masters program and in the Biomedical (BMI) undergraduate programs.
At this time, we seek applications from individuals who will be able to physically teach the courses here on the IUPUI campus in downtown Indianapolis. There may be additional options to teaching online.
Examples of courses the ideal candidate is expected to teach may include:
- INFO-B419: https://soic.iupui.edu/courses/info-b419/
- INFO-B519: https://soic.iupui.edu/courses/info-b519/
- Prepare and deliver classroom lectures, assignments, and midterms over a 15-week semester
- Provide students with practical experience through hands-on practices
- Administer assessments of course learning outcomes such as grading assignments and midterms
- Provide after-class support for students, such as holding office hours and responding to student inquires via Canvas, voice calls, or emails
- Encourage student progress and retention
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Bioinformatics or related areas.
- Deep commitment to student learning and success
- Significant industry experience in the areas of Bioinformatics, including computational genomics, computational proteomics, network/systems biology, and biological knowledge discovery
- Teaching experience in higher education contexts
- Ability to teach classes in-person and online effectively
- Strong organizational, motivational, and communication skills
Adjunct instructor positions are part-time and appointments are made on a semester-by-semester basis. Competitive pay per course is offered based on experience and qualifications.
Please forward resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the state’s premier urban research institution, IUPUI is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of diversity, equity and inclusion that inform academic excellence. We seek candidates who will not only enhance our representational diversity but whose research, teaching, and community engagement efforts contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty. IUPUI condemns racism in all its forms and has taken an anti-racist stance that moves beyond mere statements to interrogating its policies, procedures, and practices. We hope to identify individuals who will assist in our mission to dismantle racism so that everyone has the opportunity to succeed at IUPUI.
The School of Informatics and Computing is eager to consider applications from women and minorities. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution M/F/D/V.