School Library Certificate
Students complete this degree entirely online.
The School Library Certificate is for certified teachers interested in adding to their license. The core learning concepts for the certificate include: collaborative instruction, design, delivery, and assessment, integrated technology, student inquiry, 21st Century skills and processes, collection development, library program administration, basic resources and ILS management, PK-12 youth literature, and advocacy and leadership.
For more information please contact Kym Kramer, MLS, Director of School Library Education, email@example.com, 317-278-2093.
6 courses totaling 16 credits
- LIS-S 502 Acquisitions and Management of Knowledge and Information
- LIS-S 571 Materials for Youth or LIS-S 672 Seminar on Literature for Youth
- LIS-S 573Education of Information Users
- LIS-S 574 Information Instruction
- LIS-S 604 Topics in Library & Information Science (Cataloging for School Librarians)
- LIS-S 671 School Media