School Library Certificate
The School Library Certificate is for certified teachers interested in adding to their license. The core learning concepts for the certificate include: collaborative instruction, design, delivery, and assessment, integrated technology, student inquiry, 21st Century skills and processes, collection development, library program administration, basic resources and ILS management, PK-12 youth literature, and advocacy and leadership.
For more information please contact Kym Kramer, MLS, Director of School Library Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-278-2093.
6 courses totaling 16 credits
- LIS-S 502 Acquisitions and Management of Knowledge and Information
- LIS-S 571 Materials for Youth or LIS-S 672 Seminar on Literature for Youth
- LIS-S 573Education of Information Users
- LIS-S 574 Information Instruction
- LIS-S 604 Topics in Library & Information Science (Cataloging for School Librarians)
- LIS-S 671 School Media