Media Arts and Science Master’s Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the M.S. in MAS program, students will:
- Evaluate and create media-rich digital applications by researching and applying effective multimedia design, and management and development techniques using text, graphics, web and mobile technologies, two-dimensional and three-dimensional modelling and animation, sound, and video; concept development, prototyping techniques, storyboarding and proof of concepts, multimedia production pipelines, testing and evaluation.
- Apply media design, psychological and cognitive principles and theories to the development of digital games for a variety of domains, including entertainment, health and well-being, medical sciences, education and business.
- Research and develop omnichannel, interactive media strategies, including digital content and social media architectures, to enhance the communication potential of institutions, business and organizations.
- Design and use novel forms and applications of media technologies, including those possible through the use of advanced digital video production techniques and 3D printing.
- Apply principles and theories of quantitative analysis, qualitative analysis, design research, information visualization, and visual analytics.
- Design effective, usable, and human-centered media-rich applications using prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Effectively communicate in digital, oral, and written form the processes, ideas, outcomes, and implications of MAS projects.
- Articulate decisions and reasoning behind decisions made related to digital media design and production choices.
- Exhibit sound judgment, ethical behavior, and professionalism in applying HCI concepts and value-sensitive design to serve stakeholders and society, especially in ethically challenging situations.
- Collaborate in teams fairly, effectively, and creatively, applying group decision-making and negotiation skills.