Master of Science in Media Arts and Science
Ready to succeed?
If you’re committed to elevating your skills and your job prospects, we’re here to help. At the IU School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI, our goal is your professional advancement and success.
When you enroll in our Media Arts and Science graduate program to earn your master’s degree, you bring your passion and commitment to take your career to the next level.
- A solid plan of study consisting of four core courses
- A customizable elective course list rooted in today’s industry expectations
- In-depth interactions with working industry professionals
It’s a combination that leads to success.
Immersed in the now
Professional fields in media technology evolve rapidly and are highly competitive. We help you to develop and refine:
- Clear but flexible sense of direction
- Drive and focus needed to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to work at leadership and managerial levels in a professional culture
Student research and emergent media projects
Our students engage with faculty on cutting edge research and hands on projects.
- Augmented food menus with web AR technology
- Geotagging potholes in the City of Indianapolis
- 360 film for festival submissions
- Audio-driven immersive visualizations and environments
- Mental health stigma educational AR visualizations
Online or face-to-face: a degree program for your life
Further your education with a program you can fit into your busy schedule.
Our classes easily accommodate working professionals.
Part-time students can take advantage of our flexible timetable for degree completion.
Full-time students may complete the program in 18 months.
Specialize in new media
Media Arts and Science faculty and students collaborate with the School of Medicine to create AMPATH health education videos.
Our goal: to help you achieve your goals
When you earn a master’s degree through our Media Arts and Science program, you’re entering a new realm. As a graduate student at SoIC, you’ll discover:
- Our advanced degree program is not simply an extension of the undergraduate experience. Self-defined learning challenges you to dig deep.
- The most profound learning can occur beyond the classroom. Our connections with working professionals give you a real-world introduction to professional practice and expectations.
Get ready to embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of our customizable master’s program in Media Arts and Science, specifically aimed at students with independent ambition. If you’re ready to tailor your degree, take on new roles, and advance your career, you’ll thrive at SoIC!
83%Employed, self-employed or interned with major
Where are our alumni working?
- User experience designer, Walmart
- Instructional designer, USIC
- Game developer/instructor, Techability, Inc.
- Videographer, Resilience Racing
- Sr. User experience researcher, Amazon
- Technology administrator, Salesforce