Online HCI Master’s Curriculum
This plan of study applies only to students enrolled in the 100% fully online HCI MS program.
Semester offering may vary – check the campus registrar for most updated schedule of courses.
General Core (15 credits)
- INFO-H 541 Interaction Design Practice
- INFO-H 543 Interaction Design Methods
- INFO-H 561 Meaning and Form in HCI
- INFO-H 563 Psychology of HCI
- INFO-H 564 Prototyping for Interactive Systems
Specialized Selectives (15-21 credits)
- INFO-H 565 Collaborative and Social Computing
- INFO-I 590 Experience Design and Evaluation of Access Technologies
- INFO-H 566 Experience Design for Ubiquitous Computing
- INFO-I 590 Tangible and Embodied Interaction
- INFO-H 583 Conversational User Interfaces
- INFO-I 590 Programming for Interaction Designers
- INFO-H 517 Visualization Design and Analysis
- INFO-I 590 UX Design Ethics
- INFO-I 595 Professional Internship
- NEWM-N 510 Web Database Concepts
- INFO-I 575 Informatics Research Design
- INFO-I 501 Introduction to Informatics
Additional selectives may become available.
Open Electives (0-6 credits)
Any relevant online course (500 or higher).
- HERR Visual Design for User Interfaces
- INFO-B 505 Informatics Project Management
- INFO-H 554 Independent Study in HCI
Additional electives may become available.