Department of Human-Centered Computing
Digital interactions permeate our lives. By earning a degree from the IU School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI, you can influence that interaction and turn problems into solutions, whether you:
- Design interactive technology that’s user-centered, empowering, and socially relevant
- Create simulations and diagnostic tools using virtual and augmented reality
- Explore the possibilities of 3D printing and design, from prototypes to prosthetics
- Unlock the potential of big data analytics to address new questions for individuals and organizations
- Collaborate on simulation and game design that entertains and educates
Our degree programs
Human-centered computing is at the crux of our emerging digital culture, from data analysis to user experience and smart interaction design. Discover how you can help shape what’s coming next.
Faculty and research
Our exceptional faculty are mentors, helping you to exceed expectations. They partner with students in research projects involving a variety of areas at the forefront of the human experience with technology, including social computing and socio-technical systems, interactive media, accessibility, android science, user experience research and design, big data, and information visualization.