Prospective and Admitted Students
Social distance doesn’t mean emotional distance.
The IU School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI is here for you, and we’re excited about your future. We’re committed to offering students the accessibility, technology, and computing expertise to succeed, even in challenging circumstances.
Future-proof your education
SoIC’s educational offerings, as well as our community and culture, translate into skills that help to future-proof students and alumni. SoIC students and degree programs are both diverse and in demand. Our graduates are sought after, extremely valuable, and well-paid.
We’re available to answer your questions, and to help you explore our many offerings in the constantly evolving realm of emerging technology. We look forward to you joining the SoIC family in fall 2020.
Undergraduate Admissions Updates
Last updated July 22, 2020
- Student applications for the 2020-21 school year will be accepted until August 14 via the ApplyIU platform only. Applicants who apply up through this date will have until August 18 to submit all needed transcripts and materials to be reviewed for the fall semester. We will also continue to award admission-based scholarships for those who meet the qualification criteria.
- ACT/SAT requirement is waived for Fall 2020 students whose April/May tests were canceled.
- Students applying for Fall 2021 will have the option to apply without submitting test scores.
- Enrollment deposit deadline extended from May 1 to July 31 for Fall 2020 class.
- Students impacted by COVID-19 can request a COVID-19 Hardship Deposit Waiver to waive the $100 enrollment deposit.
- Summer orientation will take place online. Details TBA. Visit the Orientation website for more information.
- IUPUI Admissions will extend the Admissions-based automatic scholarship deadline from February 15 until the start of the Fall 2020 semester. Qualified applicants will be retroactively awarded and notified of this scholarship. SoIC applicants also will be considered for the SoIC Freshman Scholarship until the start of the Fall 2020 semester.
Contacts for prospective and admitted students
Associate Director of Undergraduate Recruitment
Master’s Admissions Updates
Last updated March 27, 2020
If the current circumstances surrounding the COVID‐19 impact your ability to travel or process your visa for the fall semester, you can take courses virtually until you are able to come to campus.
Contacts for prospective students
Associate Director of Graduate Affairs
Watch this space
We’re eager to meet you, and will let you know when in-person visits resume. Meanwhile, we encourage you to explore all the School of Informatics and Computing has to offer.