Software Bots for Cognitive Automation Undergraduate Certificate
Machine learning and artificial intelligence are transforming industries, and common tasks like processing invoices and screening job applicants. Seize the opportunities these rapidly evolving technologies are creating.
Our Software Bots for Cognitive Automation certificate prepares you to join the AI workforce and qualify for technology careers in sectors including:
- Health care
- Banking and finance
Want to know more?
Our team is ready to answer any and all questions you may have, or help you schedule a visit. Fill out this form, click submit, and we’ll be in touch.
An AI-trained workforce is crucial
As process and cognitive automation take on routine work, the demand for an AI-trained workforce is increasing. Earn your certificate from the IU School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI and position yourself to work in this new field of AI-powered automation, developing computational systems that perform tasks and solve problems.
Why it’s the right fit
Our Software Bots for Cognitive Automation certificate is a 16-credit program you complete in two semesters online.
The undergraduate certificate serves:
- Working professionals: Be prepared for what comes next.
- College students: Develop new skills for an edge in the job market.
- High school students and graduates: Forge your career path through professional training in AI.
Many employers offer tuition reimbursement programs. If you earn this certificate and later pursue your bachelor’s degree in Artificial Intelligence through SoIC, your classes will count toward your AI degree, which you can earn online or on campus.
Jobs in intelligent process automation cover a wide area, including design, development, and analysis. Job titles include:
- AI-assistants developer
- Automation software engineer
- Business intelligence analyst
- RPA architect
- Software bots designer
We created this job-driven certificate in consultation with companies that expect a growing need for designers, developers, and analysts in cognitive automation.
List of courses
You’ll take five online classes to earn your 16-credit Software Bots for Cognitive Automation Undergraduate Certificate.
- Python Programming: CSCI-A 201 Intro to Programming I or INFO-B 210 Information Infrastructure I
- INFO-I 220 Social Impact of Bots and Automation
- INFO-I 319 Cognitive Automation and Bots Development
- INFO-I 419 Enterprise Cognitive Automation
- Approved Elective
- AII 20000 Introduction to Data Science (3 cr.)
- CSCI-A 202 Introduction to Programming II (4 cr.)
- CSCI-N 211 Introduction to Databases (3 cr.)
- HIM-M 200 Database Design for Health Information Management (3 cr.)
- INFO-B 443 Natural Language Processing (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 223 Data Fluency (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 308 Information Representation (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 340 Collaborative Human–AI Systems (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 428 Web Mining (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 459 Media and Technology Entrepreneurship (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 483 Conversational User Interfaces: Experience Design and Applications (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 496 Artificial Intelligence Professional Practice 1 (3 cr.)
- NEWM-N328 Visualizing Information (3 cr.)
A minimum grade of C- is required for any course to be counted toward the certificate.
Admissions and Advising
For academic advising, contact an undergraduate advisor.