PBHL-B 571 Biostatistics Method I: Linear Models in Public Health
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus
This course introduces some basic designs of experiment and analysis tools for outcome data of continuous variables, such as Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Analysis of Covariance and Linear Regression Analysis. Throughout the semester, these statistical methods are applied to biomedical studies with a focus on modeling the data and interpreting the analytical results.
- Apply the fundamental statistical methodology for the analysis of continuous data through theoretical development and examples.
- Investigate the practical applicability and limitations of the statistical methods.
- Select appropriate statistical methods for data analysis.
- Perform analysis using SAS statistical software packages.
- Communicate analysis results with short written reports summarizing the research questions of interest, the available data, statistical methods applied, and subsequent conclusions.