NEWM-N 596 Professional Practicum in Media Arts and Science
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Online
This course offers a supervised experience in a professional work environment. Under the supervision of faculty and a workplace mentor, the student fulfills assigned responsibilities, including research and concept development, to define organizational goals and projects, create and evaluate technical products, and participate in related activities.
- Analyze the process of direct engagement with organizational and industry practices and the application of media technologies to fulfill organizational and business goals.
- Demonstrate effective research and investigative skills for self-guided learning.
- Create using self-directed and mentored design thinking combined with an in-depth understanding of business practices in media and information technologies.
- Interpret, define, and explain outcomes of development ideation and production efforts based on students’ chosen career path in one or more professional, industrial, social, or cultural domains.
- Write weekly written progress reports made under the guidance of professional mentors.
- Defend in a formal presentation successes and issues that occurred during the practicum experience.