NEWM-N 546 Advanced Techniques in 3D
This course covers advanced topics in 3D graphics, both theory and practice, including dynamics simulations (particles, clothing, hair, and fluids), paint effects, realistic rendering, MEL/Python scripting, matchmoving techniques for compositing, and completing an entire shot from inception to finish. Students perform a peer critique, annotated bibliography, and literature review.
- Develop, implement, and critique dynamics simulations for film or computer graphics cinematics, from preproduction, to production, to post production.
- Explore, create, experiment, and iterate visual effects.
- Create an advanced composite including several dynamics simulations for film or CG cinematic.
- Execute matchmoving, simulation, caching, and rendering pipelines.
- Deliver dynamics for film, game, and short story projects as well as scientific simulation productions.
- Interpret applications, requirements, and standards for visual effects pipelines.
- Develop sound vocabulary and eye to present and critique projects, both online and in classroom.