NEWM-N 540 3D Compositing and Visual Effects
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus
- Research cutting-edge compositing methods for incorporating computer graphics with video.
- Create quality visuals that deliver advanced aesthetics, fluidity in animation, and mastery of composite/3D production workflow.
- Evaluate tradeoffs for incorporating 2D or 3D effects, including feasibility.
- Research comprehensively the challenges and costs of any proposed effect.
- Demonstrate and compare methods of camera tracking and node-based and layered-based compositing.
- Develop and deliver film, short story, and scientific simulation productions.
- Critique and recommend solutions for effective and appealing compositions involving video and computer graphics compositing.
This course covers Hollywood 3D compositing and visual effects production, integrating film footage, 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, camera techniques and matchmoving, compositing, filter layering, color correction, projection mapping, video effects, and green screen. Students research, design, and build environments and create believable, cohesive production shots.
This course is not being offered this semester.