- NEWM-N 539 Augmented Reality Design and Development
NEWM-N 539 Augmented Reality Design and Development
Prerequisties: NEWM-N 504
This course covers the design and development of computer games and simulations for augmented and virtual reality. To supplement and simulate the physical world, students research methods for integrating 3D objects and animations into interactive mobile applications. They also propose new, disruptive applications in entertainment, education, and other industries.
- Model and animate 3D computer-generated objects, from preproduction to production to postproduction.
- Apply the entire production pipeline for the application of 3D media in augmented and virtual reality interfaces.
- Design and implement an interactive computer game, simulation, or tool to display and manipulate objects or data in 3D.
- Conduct a literature review and develop an annotated bibliography in preparation for the final project.
- Propose novel, disruptive applications of augmented and virtual reality based on a review of the current research.
This course is not being offered this semester.