NEWM-N 491 Capstone Project Internship
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus
The capstone project represents the culmination of a student’s studies. This experiential learning course supports the development of the capstone project in a professional setting. Students apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the media arts and science major to an industrial or research internship and present their final work at an exhibition.
- Explore a potential career path within media arts and science.
- Master knowledge and skills acquired during media arts and science coursework; strengthen resume.
- Collaborate to create media productions and solve problems in a workplace environment, using soft skills like communication and teamwork.
- Reflect upon internship experience in making future career choices.
- Develop an innovative digital media product, from original concept to final production, in light of theory and practice in the major and specialization.
- Plan and evaluate a project, addressing the employer’s requirements, budget, and team.
- Manage their time and meet deadlines to fulfill final project expectations.
- Document assets, code, and media created for the project weekly.
- Present their final work at the capstone event.