NEWM-N 437 Science Fiction in Virtual Reality
- Prerequisites: NEWM-N 243
- Delivery: On-Campus
This course covers advanced techniques in research, concept design, modeling, unwrapping, and texturing using the physically based rendering (PBR) pipeline to place science fiction characters, vehicles, and environments into virtual reality. Pre-production and production pipeline theories and practices are implemented to allow students to gain experience creating assets and animation for virtual reality using a game engine.
- Research concepts related to the design in science fiction worlds, and create design documents based on the research.
- Apply advanced 3D modeling and unwrapping techniques.
- Apply advanced texturing techniques.
- Integrate models and animation using a virtual reality game engine.
- Explain 3D concepts that work across all 3D software platforms.
- Conduct self-directed exploration, expressing ideas in both written and spoken form and documenting ideas and themes.