NEWM-N 364 Directing Visual Narratives
- Prerequisites: NEWM-N 261 or NEWM-N 340 or NEWM-N 353 or NEWM-N 357
- Delivery: On-Campus
- Understand how to create empathy for 2D and 3D character through their performances.
- Design and implement nonverbal and verbal cues within a digital character.
- Integrate believable, appealing, and entertaining animations for use in films, games, and virtual environments.
- Analyze critically acting in film, animations, and peer work.
This course introduces principles of animation, derived from acting techniques, to arouse empathy and appeal for characters. Students experiment with how a character should react to objects, environments, and other characters to convey its thoughts, emotions, personality, and aspirations. Students create expressive poses to visualize an effective performance.
This course is not being offered this semester.