NEWM-N 346 3D Motion Capture and Animation
- Prerequisites: NEWM-N 243
- Delivery: On-Campus
This course covers the theory and practice of 3D motion capture, camera-based tracking pipelines, digital avatar integration, and preparation for virtual productions, including project development, reference, and acting. Topics include facial and body motion capture, live-game integration, film and virtual reality integration, and virtual production.
- Examine the application of film, motion capture, and virtual reality to virtual productions.
- Gather and critique quality reference material for 3D animation.
- Employ advanced camera tracking and motion capture tracking technology in filmmaking.
- Combine physical and digital media in real-time game environments.
- Critique rigging and animation and recommend solutions to make them more effective.
- Develop production and portfolio quality simulations that deliver advanced aesthetics and demonstrate mastery of 3D production workflow.
- Create and deliver cinematic, gaming, and VFX quality animations and simulations to meet the needs of their respective industries.
- Research, propose, and predict applications of 3D character animation, motion capture, and digital performance beyond entertainment.
Extended Course DescriptionCapture, retarget, and implement body, face, and hand motion capture into 3D films and games.