NEWM-N 340 Motion Graphics
- Prerequisites: NEWM N243 or N357 or N502 or instructor approval
- Delivery: On-Campus
The above are the semesters this course is generally offered. View the course schedule to confirm.
- Develop, discuss, and implement motion graphics from preproduction, to production, to postproduction.
- Design, pitch, and produce motion graphics for a branding package.
- Employ a motion graphics pipeline using Adobe After Effects and other software packages.
- Create motion graphics under a deadline while meeting expectations.
- Write scripts and sketch storyboards and style frames.
- Create a logo/identity animation, 15 and 30-second commercial, and banners for a client.
- Apply best practices in organization, project folder structure, and naming conventions.
- After Effects
This course covers commercial, broadcast, and other forms of motion graphics. Projects introduce motion graphics principles, design and composition, timing and drama, storyboarding and planning, sound and music development, and synchronization. Students master the preproduction, production, and postproduction pipeline, including brainstorming, pitches, style frames, logo/identity animation, commercials, and banners.