- NEWM-N 221 Mobile and Game Nonrelational Database Development
NEWM-N 221 Mobile and Game Nonrelational Database Development
This course covers the design and implementation of databases for mobile and game applications. Students learn to develop frontend and backend nonrelational databases, methods of data modeling, best practices for maintaining data integrity, and techniques for using data in mobile and game projects to be completed within the course.
- Describe the primary concepts of document-based nonrelational databases.
- Write queries for data stored within a database.
- Design a database from a written needs list.
- Use queries to perform basic create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations on data.
- Use entity-relationship diagrams (ERDs) to design databases.
- Critique a database design.
- Use data from a database to drive media experiences, such as games or interactive displays.
- Update the app’s displayed data in real-time based on new data added to the database.
This course is not being offered this semester.