NEWM-N 140 History of Animation
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course introduces the history and development of the field of animation. Students view some of the most important animations created and discuss the technical and narrative developments in animation from the early 20th century to the present.
- Compare the genres and uses of animation in different periods and contexts.
- Identify the period of a work of animation and describe its stylistic features.
- Explain how the progression of animation relates to storytelling.
- Discuss the technical achievements of animation.
- Analyze the concepts and principles related to the field of animation.
- Explore the varied potential of animation as an entertaining, expressive, persuasive, and meaningful art form.
- Compare and contrast the major contributors to the field of animation.