LIS-S 506 Introduction to Research
Prerequisties: LIS S500, S501, S502, and S503
The research process, including concepts, design, conduct, and evaluation. Principles and characteristics of approaches and methodologies relevant to research in the field. Examples of data sources and introduction to methods of statistical description and analysis; ethical issues.
- Evaluate research literature critically.
- Assess the value of research by applying appropriate principles and methods.
- Determine appropriate research methods to answer particular research questions.
- Analyze data using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Design a research project.
- Communicate research results effectively.