LIS-S 407 Social Science Data
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course reviews data practices in the social sciences. Students examine data sources, management, and analytical tools for the social sciences. Additionally, students explore newly developing technologies and analytical practices, including data visualization and big data methods for the social sciences, and ethical and policy considerations.
- Identify and evaluate the role social science data in academia, government, industry, and other organizations.
- Summarize emerging data practices in the social sciences.
- Analyze and evaluate best practices for data management in the social sciences.
- Analyze and evaluate tools, technologies, and data analytic practices in the social sciences.
- Create data analysis plans for social science data.
This course is not being offered this semester.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.