LIS-S 405 Data Archives
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
The above are the semesters this course is generally offered. View the course schedule below to confirm.
This course surveys the fundamental principles and practices of archival and record management within the context of data archives. Students explore newly developed tools and techniques specific to data archives. Topics include archive sources, archival description, archival management software, digitization and born-digital archives, and standards and policies.
- Identify and weigh the principles and practices of digital and data archives.
- Summarize and analyze the emerging changes in the archival field.
- Evaluate current data archive practices, tools, and techniques.
- Create plan for data archive including sources, description, software, and policy development.
This course is not being offered this semester.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.