LIS-S 402 Data Preservation
- Prerequisites: Strongly recommended to take LIS-S 305 as prerequisites
- Delivery: Online
The above are the semesters this course is generally offered. View the course schedule below to confirm.
This course surveys the fundamental principles of data preservation. Students will explore newly developing tools and techniques for long-term data preservation strategies. Topics include selecting file formats and storage media, technical obsolescence, digital forensics, acceptable risk/loss, preservation metadata, data repositories, and preservation policy for long-term access and reuse.
- Identify and understand the principles and practices of data preservation.
- Summarize and analyze techniques and tools used in the data preservation field.
- Identify and evaluate data, repositories, and technical risk factors for data preservation.
- Create plans for data preservation including data sources, description, software, and policy development.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.