LIS-S 281 Introduction to Archives
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Online
- Describe and apply the principles of archival organization.
- Create a statement of mission and scope for a representative archive.
- Prepare finding aids / access mechanisms for a segment of an archives.
- Understand and compare the features of networks of archives.
- Analyze current trends in managing paper, digitized and born-digital artifacts.
This course introduces and compares the various types of archival repositories. The concepts and techniques used to organize, preserve, and make accessible historical materials in various formats are also covered. Students learn technologies to preserve, interconnect, and analyze archival material.
This course is not being offered this semester.