INFO-I 481 Experience Design and Evaluation of Access Technologies
This course is focused on access technologies and user experience design for users with disabilities. Through the course, students understand and apply accessible design techniques to create and evaluate assistive technologies and inclusive products.
1. Summarize and explain the diversity of user experience design challenges posed by assistive technologies and access computing.
2. Execute a WCAG-EM-style web accessibility evaluation of a public webpage.
3. Discriminate between different disability-related design techniques (e.g., ability-based design).
4. Design and evaluate a socially accessible technology to facilitate communication between diverse stakeholders.
5. Demonstrate expertise with at least one disability-related design technique.
6. Analyze and critique an environmental accessibility technology with representative users.
7. Apply accessible communication, presentation, and writing skills to communicate your coursework with others.