- INFO-I 467 Internet-of-Things Interface Design for Business Innovation
INFO-I 467 Internet-of-Things Interface Design for Business Innovation
Prerequisties: INFO I270, INFO I275, or INFO I300
Students employ human-machine interface design principles and practices as an innovation engine for Internet-of-things (IoT) ecosystems. Through design challenges, they develop and refine IoT interfaces and their business models, drawing on case studies and a review of the literature. Students acquire design-as-strategy skills through team-based, industry specific design projects.
- Devise opportunities for innovation and growth within large-scale connected products, services, and systems by applying HCI/design research methods.
- Synthesize these opportunities by employing design ideation techniques and translate them into system-level design concepts and prototypes.
- Evaluate conceptual prototypes against a broad set of business requirements.
- Review appropriate literature to ascertain state-of-the-art IoT interfaces and opportunities for future research and development in IoT interface design.
- Communicate effectively on wide-scale business solutions to the spectrum of stakeholders.