INFO-I 428 Web Mining
This course covers concepts and methods used to search the web and other sources of unstructured text from a human-centered standpoint. These include document indexing, crawling, classification, and clustering; distance metrics; analyzing streaming data, such as social media; link analysis; and system evaluation.
- Implement web search concepts and methods to return documents automatically based on user queries.
- Design and implement a crawler application to collect and index documents from the web.
- Design computational methods to classify documents by topic.
- Use distance metrics to compute the similarity of pairs of documents.
- Create a system to collect and analyze streaming data.
- Use link analysis to rank web search results.
- Evaluate the performance of web search systems.
- Analyze text to determine the reliability of the information including potential bias.
This course is not being offered this semester.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.