INFO-I 391 Internship in Informatics
- Prerequisites: Approval of Instructor
- Delivery: Arranged
Students gain professional work experience in an industry or research organization setting, using skills and knowledge acquired in informatics course work. May be repeated for a maximum of three credit hours.
- Explore a potential career path within informatics.
- Master knowledge and skills acquired during informatics coursework; strengthen resume.
- Collaborate to create information technology projects and solve problems in a workplace environment, using soft skills like communication and teamwork.
- Reflect upon internship experience in making future career choices.
- Develop an innovative digital application, from original concept to final product, in light of theory and practice in the major and specialization.
- Plan and evaluate a project, addressing the employer’s requirements, budget, and team.
- Manage their time and meet deadlines to fulfill final project expectations.
- Document assets, code, and media created for the project weekly.