INFO-H 611 Mathematical and Logical Foundations of Informatics
This course reviews mathematical methods for data modeling, analysis, and manipulation. Topics include differential calculus, partial derivatives, solving systems of equations, matrices and matrix operations, vector spaces, linear transformations, determinants, inner product spaces, eigenvalues, probability, probability distributions, random variables, and their applications.
- Abramson, J. (2015). College algebra. Houston, TX: OpenStax, Rice University.
Chapter 1, Chapter 2 (2.1, 2.2, 2.5, 2.7), Chapter 3, Chapter 5 (5.1–5.5), Chapter 6 (6.1–6.7)
- MATH 17100 Linear Algebra Notes
- Strang, G. (1991). Calculus. Wellesley, MA: Wellesley-Cambridge Press.
Chapters 1–6, 11, and 13
- Diez, D. M., Barr, C. D., & Çetinkaya-Rundel, M. (2015). OpenIntro Statistics (3rd ed.). OpenIntro, Inc.
- Continuous random variables and probability distributions
- Sahoo, P. (2013). Probability and mathematical statistics. Louisville, KY: University of Louisville.