INFO-H 582 User Experience Design Ethics
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Online
The above are the semesters this course is generally offered. View the course schedule to confirm.
This course explores ways to integrate ethics into the professional practice of a user experience designer. Students discuss and interrogate ethical concerns and situations related to the design, development, evaluation, and use of computing technology through different ethical frameworks, lenses, and perspectives, examining their strengths and weaknesses.
- Evaluate potential ethical issues within computing systems, including value conflicts.
- Design and evaluate computing technologies in light of key ethical frameworks.
- Relate your own ethical frameworks, positions, or processes to the design of computing technologies.
- Exhibit professional ethics in general and computing ethics in particular.
- Defend ethical positions persuasively to your peers, the most important audience for the articulation of your ethical views.