INFO-H 567 Internet-of-Things Interface Design for Business Innovation
Prerequisites: INFO H541
Students employ human-machine interface design principles and practices as an innovation engine for Internet-of-things (IoT) ecosystems. Through design challenges, they develop and refine IoT interfaces and their corresponding business models, drawing on case studies and a review of the literature.
Students acquire design-as-strategy skills through team-based, industry specific design projects.
- Devise opportunities for innovation and growth within large-scale connected products, services, and systems by applying HCI/design research methods.
- Synthesize these opportunities by employing design ideation techniques and translate them into system-level design concepts and prototypes.
- Evaluate conceptual prototypes against a broad set of business requirements.
- Review appropriate literature to ascertain state-of-the-art IoT interfaces and opportunities for future research and development in IoT interface design.
- Communicate effectively on wide-scale business solutions to the spectrum of stakeholders.
Industry Lecture Series
The Industry Lecture Series features design leaders from major national corporations describing how human-centered design practices are integral to the development of forward-thinking IoT business strategies.