INFO-H 519 Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Online
This course covers natural language processing using deep learning and its applications. Students learn recent advances by evaluating the literature, implementing methods in Python, and conducting a research project. Topics include machine translation, automated image captioning, and document summarization.
- Evaluate the research literature on the application of deep learning to natural language processing.
- Design and implement a deep learning architecture for a natural language processing problem or application.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the architecture.
- Write a research paper that reports the results of deep learning architecture for natural language processing and summarize its contents through an oral presentation.
- Assess ethical issues related to the bias and fairness of deep learning architectures for natural language processing, comparing different architectures and approaches for remediation.